- Term: 6 months fixed term contract (parental leave cover)
- Team: Te Puni Herenga Waka | Public Impact
- Reporting to: Communications Manager
- Based in: Wellington or Auckland (but flexible for the right person)
- Flexibility: We offer flexible working options, tell us what works for you
InternetNZ | Ipurangi Aotearoa operates the .nz domain space. We make sure that all websites and domain names ending with .nz are available for people and businesses in Aotearoa to function and thrive online. We're a charity organisation and our profits from .nz are invested back into the community. We advocates for an Internet that benefits all of Aotearoa through community funding, research, policy advocacy and partnerships.
We are on a journey centering Te Tiriti o Waitangi in its organisation because Te Tiriti is foundational to New Zealand, and therefore, the .nz domain. We're committed to building our internal capability and understanding of te ao Māori.
Reporting to the Communications Manager, the Communications Advisor is an important position within the communications team. You will be supporting them to deliver a broad range of communications activities and outputs internally and externally.
- Work closely with the communications team in the delivery and support of the communications strategy
- End-to-end management of assigned tasks and projects, including managing and reporting on project outputs
- Development and distribution of media releases, and targeted pitching to media
- Draft copy and proof communications materials in alignment with InternetNZ strategy and brand guidelines
- Use a variety of mediums including social media, website, eDMs, newsletters, advertising and collateral design, to deliver messages to InternetNZ's audiences
- Provide general communications support and advice to internal staff as required
- Previous experience in a communications or marketing position and/or a relevant qualification
- Strong written and oral communications skills across a range of channels, and a storyteller's mindset
- Experience managing media, pitching stories, and writing effective media releases
- Experience in managing social media channels and executing social media strategies
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build productive working relationships both internally and externally
- Has a well-developed approach to being Te Tiriti o Waitangi centric in their work and the work of their team
- An eye for design with knowledge and experience with the Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Indesign and Premiere Pro will be advantageous
This is an exciting and rewarding opportunity for a fast learner who can hit the ground running and take ownership of this vital position within the team. We're passionate about our people and providing a supportive team culture.
We walk the talk when it comes to access to the digital world by providing a monthly subsidy towards your Internet bill, along with a range of other employee benefits. We are a flexible organisation and a great work-life balance is an important value that is shared with all staff at all levels. This is a full-time position but we will consider part-time too.
Please note, while applications close Friday 20 January 2023, we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with contacting suitable applicants prior to the closing date. Interviews are expected to be in the new year, from 9 January.
Robert Walters endeavours to review all applications in a maximum of five working days. If you have not received correspondence in this timeframe please do not hesitate to contact Reuben Godfrey on 04 471 9715.
Get in touch with Reuben Godfrey at Robert Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org or 04 471 9715