InternetNZ | Ipurangi Aotearoa operates the .nz domain space. We make sure that all websites and domain names ending with .nz are available for people and businesses in Aotearoa to function and thrive online. We're a charity organisation and our profits from .nz are invested back into the community. We advocate for an Internet that benefits all of Aotearoa through community funding, research, policy advocacy and partnerships.
We are on a journey to centre Te Tiriti o Waitangi within our organisation. And we’re committed to building our internal capability of te ao Māori.
About the role
In this role, you will mostly focus on our data flows and pipelines. As a part of an agile team, you will support our data scientists in adopting modern practices, develop and peer-review code, and contribute to key decisions for our data processing approaches and usage.
- Design, develop, and maintain data pipelines and data collections to support InternetNZ products and research.
- Automate Extraction, Transformation and Loading (ETL) processes to support our products and research team efforts.
- Select, adopt and adapt appropriate data systems development methods, tools and techniques.
- Investigate issues, collect and analyse data.
- Adequately document your code and data systems.
3 years experience
- coding in Python and SQL in a commercial environment,
- relational databases (Postgres/MySQL), data modeling, data schemas and related concepts,
- data ingestion, processing data and storing data for analytical use.
At least 2 years experience of
- Linux/Unix command line experience and skills,
- CI/CD pipelines like GitHub Actions,
- cloud technologies like AWS in a commercial environment.
A working understanding of software development practices and version control of code.
Proven experience in Agile.
It would be great if you had at least one of the following:
- A Computer Science or Software Engineering degree.
- Knowledge and experience with data warehouse, BI tools, or platforms such as Snowflake.
- Knowledge or experience with data governance.
We’re on a journey to centre Te Tiriti o Waitangi within our organisation. And we’re committed to building our internal capability of te ao Māori. We want our new Data Engineer to understand the importance of this and come for the journey.
Why should you join us?
We have a great team of people to work with, and work-life balance is important to us. Choose to work primarily from home, or one of our central city offices in Wellington or Auckland
We walk the talk regarding access to the digital world by providing a monthly subsidy towards your internet bill, along with a range of other employee benefits.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
Applications close on Monday 13 November 2023, but we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.
How to apply
Click the 'quick apply' link on the Seek website to apply for this job. Applications close on Monday 13 November 2023, but we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.