InternetNZ is a voice for the Internet, but we're not the only voice for the sector and its different professional groups. We are often approached by other New Zealand organisations and international organisations asking us to join their campaign or open letter about a particular issue.
Below is a list of the things we've lent our voice to:
- Open letter: Facebook's end to end security plans (October 2019)
- Assessment of strategy and management 2016 for the Marsden Fund (2016)
- Secure the Internet - An open letter to the leaders of the world's governments signed by organisations, companies, and individuals
- The Internet Association - A joint letter supporting limits on "intermediary liability" in the TISA Agreement. Without these limits, platforms could be liable for user-posted content. This legal risk is a barrier to innovation and harms users.
- Public Citizen ConsumerNZ - A joint letter, requesting that any “data flow” requirements in TISA can be lawfully limited to respect user privacy and other human rights concerns. (2016)