Product Infrastructure Manager
InternetNZ | Ipurangi Aotearoa operates the .nz domain space. We make sure that all websites and domain names ending with .nz are available for people and businesses in Aotearoa to function and thrive online. We're a charity organisation and our profits from .nz are invested back into the community. We advocate for an Internet that benefits all of Aotearoa through community funding, research, policy advocacy and partnerships.
We are on a journey to centre Te Tiriti o Waitangi within our organisation. And we’re committed to building our internal capability of te ao Māori.
About the role
The role is a highly unique role within New Zealand, responsible for the continued operation of the nationally dependent .nz registry and associated DNS service. Reporting to the Tumuwhanake | GM Customer and Product and working closely with the Product Infrastructure Lead, this role manages the team behind the infrastructure and systems of .nz and associated InternetNZ products.
You will work with the team to deliver on agreed Service Level Expectations (SLE) and avoid the accumulation of technical debt.
Managing the team that delivers the day-to-day operation of the infrastructure environment including effective provisioning, installation/configuration, and maintenance of systems hardware, software and infrastructure.
Ensuring the maintenance and development of network, security systems, hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related policies.
Supervising, mentoring and proactively up-skilling team members.
After-hours and weekend on-call support is a requirement of this position and this role is responsible for managing the on-call roster for the team.
Domestic travel will be periodically required and there may be some international travel.
- 5+ years experience
- leading and managing the delivery of system infrastructure projects in a structured environment
- in the development, operation and architecture of IT infrastructure and technology services, and IT security
- with Linux administration, Network administration, and Infrastructure management.
- 3+ years of people management experience with the ability to lead and influence others
- Strong communication skills for both internal team members and external business stakeholders
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Internet and its associated technologies, particularly DNS.
Other desirable experience:
- Delivery of critical infrastructure
- Source control management systems
- Agile methodologies.
Why should you join us?
We have a great team of people to work with, and work-life balance is important to us. Choose to work primarily from home, or one of our central city offices in Wellington or Auckland
We walk the talk regarding access to the digital world by providing a monthly subsidy towards your internet bill, along with:
- a commitment to your training and development
- generous leave entitlements
- additional KiwiSaver contributions
- health and life insurance
- phone and plan.
We’re a flexible organisation and you can choose to work primarily from home, or one of our central city offices in Wellington or Auckland.
Any questions can be directed to email@example.com
How to apply
Click the 'quick apply' link on the Seek website to apply for this job. Applications close on Monday 20 November 2023, but we will be reviewing applications as they are received and may progress with suitable applicants prior to the closing date.