Our people at InternetNZ are talented and passionate individuals who use their skills to make the Internet a better place for all Kiwis. Are you interested in being a part of what we do? Do you have the drive to share your experiences and learn from some amazing people at the top of their fields at the same time?
If yes, you’re in the right place.
What we do
We’re the home and guardian of the .nz domain. That means we provide the infrastructure, security and support to keep the domain name system running smoothly - but that’s only one aspect of what we do.
We think the Internet should be available to all and that it should be a place of good. It has many benefits for New Zealanders to harness and we need the best people to push our vision and efforts forward.
Some of the ways we do this are by:
- developing policies to ensure people feel safe and secure
- advocating the government to form good law that is going to enhance the Internet for us all
- providing funding to organisations and projects for the benefit of all Kiwis
- undertaking research to better understand the changing Internet landscape
- hosting events to foster a community spirit and learn from each other.
We do all this and more to keep the Internet open, secure and for all New Zealanders.
Who we are
We’re a non-profit membership organisation where our members contribute to our work by electing the InternetNZ Council, engaging in discussions, attending events and guiding our priorities. We also work with the Domain Name Commission, whose role it is to make sure the marketplace for registering .nz domain names is fair and competitive.
Our people come from many different backgrounds and we have specialists in systems architecture, Internet security, data research, policy development and community engagement.
This means you’ll be working with experts in a range of fields, offering you a fantastic environment to grow and further your career while working towards a goal that benefits everyone in the country.
While our team is diverse, we’re all here for the same reason: to help New Zealanders harness the power of the Internet.
Why should you join us?
There are many reasons to join our team.
From using your skills to keep the Internet open and secure for all New Zealanders to learning from industry experts, we’ve found a great balance of professional and social culture.
We’re a friendly and fun team sharing a lot of interests across various teams, and this has helped us create a productive and welcoming environment for all staff and guests.
We also look after our people by providing a safe workplace with flexible working arrangements. You can also enjoy:
- a commitment to your training and development
- social club events and activities
- generous leave entitlements
- additional KiwiSaver contributions
- health and life insurance
- phone and home Internet payments
- and a flexible working environment.