New Zealand's Internet insights 2017
Each year we commission research about Kiwis' attitudes to the Internet. We commissioned market research company UMR to undertake a survey and ask New Zealanders about their hopes and fears regarding the Internet. We will continue to fund this research each year to build a useful resource and determine trends over time that input into our work planning.
This year’s research shows a few interesting findings:
- 64% of New Zealanders are concerned about the amount of misleading or wrong information available online.
- 74% of New Zealanders are concerned about cyber-bullying.
- 94% of New Zealanders check the Internet at least once a day.
- 88% of New Zealanders the positives of using the Internet outweigh the negatives.
- 73% of New Zealanders said that access to information is the main benefits of the Internet.
- Compared to 2016, concern levels fell by 5% for the speed of New Zealand Internet (35%), the cost of Internet access (37%) and threats to your privacy (62%).
Watch the video to see what our research revealed.